Use the form below to search fantastic deals on Ryedale Hotels, B&Bs, Self-catering accommodation.
Things to do during your stay
Please use the form below to find attractions in Ryedale.
What's On during your stay
Please use the form below to find events in Ryedale.
What's On & Events
To find out more about What's On Events in Ryedale North Yorkshire you can search for all Ryedale events using the menu on the left hand side. To see all major events go to our Ryedale major events page.
The Ryedale, North Yorkshire Events and What's On calendar is packed with exciting events and fun-filled days out to suit all tastes and pockets, you can have a completely different experience everyday. Our agricultural shows offer a great day’s entertainment and celebrate the traditional way of life. Where else can you see all kinds of livestock, show jumping, onions the size of footballs and buy outdoor clothing often at reduced prices? If you enjoy the outdoors, events include festivals, open gardens, carnivals, fetes, steam trains and traction engines. The classic and the modern are represented in local theatres and arts centres and many of Ryedale’s attractions organise special events. Demonstrating the cultural side of Ryedale, local craft fairs, antiques and collectors fairs and art exhibitions are held regularly. From traditional pastimes to more contemporary gatherings, there is something for everyone.
Further afield you can choose to spend your day on one of the many beautiful, golden beaches along te Yorkshire coastline. Or you can visit historic castles and abbeys or stately homes. Or simply enjoy the great outdoors and the glorious hills and dales of North Yorkshire. There are also great visitor attractions to enjoy, where you can choose to follow in the footsteps of TV and film heroes such as "Heartbeat" and "The Royal", "Brideshead Revisited" or visit Herriot country.
High on anyone's What's On in Ryedale list is Castle Howard. This magificent stately home is one of the most famous historic houses in the country. Every August, Castle Howard is host to the Last Night of the Proms, one of the most popular events on the North Yorkshire events on the calendar.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway in Pickering hosts special events throughout the year, including the annual Wartime Weekend in October. This weekend involves other popular attractions along the line from Pickering to Whitby.
A number of English Heritage sites lie within our region. These include world-famous locations such as Rievaulx and Byland Abbey's, Castle's at Pickering and Helmsley where exciting re-enactments and displays are staged.
North Yorkshire is synonymous with the best in agricultural shows and some of the most long-established are held within the district. Ryedale Show at Kirkbymoorside and Malton Show at Scampston are two of the many such events held throughout the year.
Cycling is a favourite activity in North Yorkshire where cyclists can enjoy some of country's most diverse routes. The area also stages road racing at its very best with the Ryedale Grand Prix, British Cycling's road race held at the majestic Ampleforth Abbey.
Ryedale is also home to a number of unique music festivals throughout the Summer. Staxtonbury Festival takes place in early July each year. It has become a popular festival for families, as it takes place in a safe 24 acre site near the A64.
For fans of literature, the annual Ryedale Book Festival stages workshops, readings, performances, book signings, storytelling, music, comedy, art, poetry, film and much more!
We hope you have gained just a flavour of the many events and activities available to you when you visit Ryedale - North Yorkshire.
You are searching for:
- Type: Event
- Start date: 01/01/2018
- End date: 31/12/2018
- Type(s): Events
- There are 7dates matchingyour searchJoin one of our heritage volunteers on a fascinating guided walk of the parkland and learn about the legacy that landscape architect Capability Brown has left on the landscape here. Discover the vision of Capability Brown at Scampston ...
- 12/10/2018 to 14/10/2018Relive the amazing spirit and camaraderie of World War II as the North Yorkshire Moors Railway hosts the various re-enactments entertainment street parades and vehicle displays that makes it one of the most popular events in the Pickering Town calendar. ...
- 12/10/2018 to 13/10/20182018 AvA WW2 Dance & Party Nights in aid of Marie Curie with DJ Lynne and Host Terry at The Engine Shed, Steam and Moorland Garden Centre, Malton Road, Pickering, YO18 7JW. ...
- Malton03/11/2018 to 25/11/2018See paintings, photographs and prints of wildlife against a winter-white backdrop and learn how animals survive in freezing temperatures at this exquisite art exhibition by acclaimed Yorkshire artist Robert E Fuller. ...
- Malton08/12/2018 to 09/12/2018The Christmas version of our popular monthly food market but with non food gifts as well. ...